Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Penis Lymphocele

 vprod16 - Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:18 am

About two weeks ago I noticed a hard lump just under the head of my penis, I'm 18 years old and I'm a virgin so I don't think it's an STD. I rarely masturbate and when I noticed this lump it had been months since I last masturbated. Based upon the descriptions I've seen and read I am pretty sure that I have Lymphocele on my penis; the lump is completely 100% painless It has never hurt erect or flaccid. It's not that big but I am alarmed. I just want an expert opinion on what it really is and what I should do. I really would like a doctor to respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 am

User avatar Hi,
Lymphoceles of the penis occur mostly in men following excessive masturbation or sexual intercourse (you say at the very outset that you did not masturbate for months).However, that dosen't exclude the diagnosis.
What makes it less likely is your description of the lump.The lymphoceles of the penis [which are usually located at the corona glandis(rim) part of the penis] would be expected to be described by a majority as whitish, firm "cords" or "threads". They don't usually appear in a way so that one may call them as lumps or bumps.
Thus, i presume that the 'lump' that you describe, may be Fordyce Spots, which are enlarged, therefore visible,sebaceous glands(visible, because they happen to reside in the very thin skin of the glans penis). These are physically harmless except for their psychological impact on the person.Cryo or laser therapy may be beneficial in some cases.
Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us