Question: Penis Lymphocele

vprod16 - Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:18 am

About two weeks ago I noticed a hard lump just under the head of my penis, I'm 18 years old and I'm a virgin so I don't think it's an STD. I rarely masturbate and when I noticed this lump it had been months since I last masturbated. Based upon the descriptions I've seen and read I am pretty sure that I have Lymphocele on my penis; the lump is completely 100% painless It has never hurt erect or flaccid. It's not that big but I am alarmed. I just want an expert opinion on what it really is and what I should do. I really would like a doctor to respond as soon as possible. Thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 am

Lymphoceles of the penis occur mostly in men following excessive masturbation or sexual intercourse (you say at the very outset that you did not masturbate for months).However, that dosen't exclude the diagnosis.
What makes it less likely is your description of the lump.The lymphoceles of the penis [which are usually located at the corona glandis(rim) part of the penis] would be expected to be described by a majority as whitish, firm "cords" or "threads". They don't usually appear in a way so that one may call them as lumps or bumps.
Thus, i presume that the 'lump' that you describe, may be Fordyce Spots, which are enlarged, therefore visible,sebaceous glands(visible, because they happen to reside in the very thin skin of the glans penis). These are physically harmless except for their psychological impact on the person.Cryo or laser therapy may be beneficial in some cases.
Good luck!