Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: i lose sperm everytime i pee, need an answear

 iletyouwin - Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Hello. i am having this problem for almost a year. everytime i pee, i lose sperm; its not anymore the usual pee. i can feel it along the day how something travels through a canal below the penis, something i have never felt before these months. every day i fell tired, and i lose weight. what can i do about this( about spermatoree i thin ). thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:53 am

User avatar Hi,
If you see sperm(semen) in the urine sometime AFTER ejaculation,it is probably retrograde ejaculation.
You say "everytime i pee, i lose sperm". There is no study (as far as my knowledge goes) that proves that losing sperm causes loss of weight (tiredness- yes,may be).
What you probably need is a little change in attitude.If you feel that you lose sperm everytime you void, a simple urine microscopy(of a centrifuged specimen of urine) may sort it out.
Do you, by any chance, masturbate/have sex too excessively? Please let me know, so that i may be able to offer a more specific reply.
Thank you for your post.
 iletyouwin - Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 am

Hello doctor
I used to masturbate for almost 2 years, but i quite 2 years ago. i don't want to masturbate any more. and about an year ago , everytime i go to pee i lose semen, it looks yellow and cloudy. And also when i make sudden efforts, i feel something in my uretra or arround somewhere how something leak inside, not outside. And just when i go to pee i see it. I hope you understand me. thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:53 am

User avatar Hi iletyouwin,
Thank you!
Normally (even if one does suffer from retrograde ejaculation), semen can come into the urine only if ejaculation occurs ( i mean either by masturbation or by way of orgasm by some means).Other way of saying it would be ... "semen"( not spermatozoa) can come into the urethra almost always during 'orgasm'.

You have confided that you were indeed masturbating(Thank you for sincerely answering me). But you have by now stopped that practice .... very commendable.

But, I am really spooked!

"semen"( not spermatozoa) can come into the urethra almost always only during 'orgasms'. Without an orgasm, the seminal vesicles and the prostate can not normally rhythmically pump and empty their secretions (which form the major portion of "semen") into the urethra.

Let me think....Will get back to you as soon as can think of some alternative explanation.
Hope you will get well soon.
 kotipoti - Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:40 am

Yes, I have the same problem like this man. If i don't masturbate for two days, when I go bathroom for doing #2, i can see the semen coming out of my penis. I'm sure, it's semen coz I feel it when it comes out. It smells same as semen and it comes out for few drops. There is no burning feeling, no pain, nothing else. I haven't had sex since it happened but if i masturbate i can't stay more than 2/3mins. I used to masturbate a lot in my early ages. The problem started to happen since i took a drug containing codeine phosphate. I'm really scared now. Should I immediately visit any urologist? Or any skin or sex doctors? Please let me know.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:09 pm

User avatar Hello,You must know that the ejaculate is not only sperms but mixture of different fluids.The testis would produce,the epidydymis store,and during ejaculation it would pick up fructose rich fluid from the tube vas deferens,and as it reaches up prostate would add prostatic fluid,the seminal vesicle and cowpers gland adding enzyme rich secretions.Sometimes when you strain hard the prostatic fluid would come out which you call as 'semen' here.Dhat syndrome is quite common in India where they feel that the vital fluid has left the body.On the contrary it is not semen but just prostatic secretions.So quit worrying.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us