Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: discharge when having bowel movement

mrggecko - Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:57 pm

I have been having discharges when I have a BM and squeeze hard...clear liquid seeps out, similiar to pre ejaculate..this also happens when I sit forward for a long while..is this an issue with my prostate such as prostatitis or something else...I have normal sex life, 3-4 times a week with no functionality issues or pain, etc..just this discharge that stays for about a week then wont recur for 5-6 months..
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:08 am

From your description, i would tend to think of the following possibility...
Normal urethral secretions coat the urethra in between voidings of urine.Also some of the prostatic secretions also would be collecting.The amounts of these will be varying from person to person.
Intra-abdominal pressure increases and the inevitable contractions of the bulbospongiosus muscles of the urethra at the time of BM (everytime the anal sphincters contract, the bulbospongiosus also contracts(both are connected to the perineal body).
This will have the effect of squeezing out whatever secretions have collected in the urethra.
Cheers!