Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Red rash and itching under the foreskin of penis.

CSMelb - Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:33 am

Dear Doctor,

I am 24 old guy, having problem with my penis. There is a red rash, itching under the foreskin beneath my penis. And the color of my penis has changed to dark red color, paper thin cracks on penis and rarely sometimes I can feel smell from my penis. May I know what the problem may be. I bath twice in a day and clean the penis, under the foreskin as well.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 am

Most probably you have what is known as "balano-posthitis". Balanitis refers to inflammation of the glans penis and posthitis refers to inflammation of the prepuce.
this is common in
- Diabetics
- inadequate local hygine
- at times with STD's
It is better for you to consult your GP who, after examining you will be able to decide if you need any referral or not.
Good luck!