Question: Blood in urine after sex

stardust53 - Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

I have a question i had sex with this guy and after he went to go pee and when he peed it was slightly bloody. What could this mean i asked him it was painful and he said no. I have gone to the doctor to get a check up for stds and everything came back negative although i didnt get a pap smear. Please i am worrying my self to death about this because i have recently been getting warts on my hands as well.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm

User avatar Hello,As to whether you had protected sex or not would determine the answer.There is an incubation period for STDs and testing immedietly during incubation period might reveal that there is no problem, and it is always better to get a test again.This is in general to make sure that you do not have any other problem.Specifically there is nothing to worry.A small injury during sex could result in minor bleed and should not worry you.The hand warts are mostly plane warts and have nothing to do with condyloma the sexual type.Do get your self examined and get the warts treated either by ext applications or cryo.Best wishes.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

User avatar Hello stardust53,
Was he your regular partner or was if a casual sex with a stranger?. If he is your regular partner,have him consult a urologist and get investigated.
There are many causes for painless hematuria(blood can originate from anywhere in the urinary tract).This symptom should always be taken seriously and cause looked for.

As his urine was bloody, naturally you are concerned whether the blood might have come from some problem in your body.This is extremely unlikely, because, even in the hypothetical event that you had some disease, blood may coat his phallus but should not cause the entire urine in his urinary bladder to stain red.

you mention palmar warts.It does not automatically mean that you have vaginal warts.
Have your Gynec examine you so that you can put your mind to rest.
Good luck!