Question: Tesitcles swollen the size of grapefruits

fedupwithit - Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 pm

i was in a motorcycle accident a year and a half ago, i was bledding internaly , after the accident my tesicles were swollen over a year now.... they are tight, plyable, fluid filled but to thick to drain, my doctors has no idea what has caused it , they think something broke in the accident and filled them , but they don't know what, they have no diagnoises, and if the cant figure it out by 1/10 they are going to remove "My Boys" they don't know what it is or what caused it or how to fix it.... Im Desperate.. thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:23 am

I gather you had been involved in a fairly serious accident.

I do not know whether there was an injury to your testicles at that time (which could have caused testicular rupture as well as hematoceles).

Chronic hematoceles can be notoriously difficult to differentiate from testicular tumors.

Secondary hydroceles can also occur following scrotal trauma.These are fairly innocuous (rarely can cause testicular atrophy due to pressure, especially if large and tense).

If your doctor happens to suspect chronic hematoceles, he/she may advise removal
because of the dilemma the surgeon may face at surgery.

Wishing you the best of luck!