Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: penis popped and bent during sex now it is ribbed?

konkybubbles - Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:17 pm

I need help but don't have medical insurance.
I was having sex and it popped out but she still came down on it and it made a popping noise and hurt for around ten minutes. Then everything was fine. Now it's 4 days later and I just noticed that there is a rib half-way around the shaft in the same area that the pain was in. It is soft and looks like one of the veins but is not blue.
All I could find online was people saying to seek medical attention and that surgery may be needed.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Your description fits in more with a penile fracture rather than a problem to do with the veins.
Penile fracture, occurs frequently during the erect state of the penis (during sexual intercourse or masturbation).
It is due to rupture of the "tunica albuginea'- a fibrous envelope sorrounding the corpora cavernosa of the penis.The corpora also may fracture along with this depending upon the forces involved.

As the injury appears to be fairly recent, there is likely to be a hematoma at that site and thus likely to be soft or 'boggy' to touch.

Please consult your doctor for confirmation.