Question: elective orchiectomy

sduyck9436 - Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:23 pm

i am 55

How does one find a urologist to do a bilateral orchiectomy ..electively..any referalls would be helpful
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:20 am

User avatar Hi sduyck9436,
Before i can answer,please let me have three small details...

What's the indication?
who is the patient? and
What is the age of the patient?

sduyck9436 - Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 pm

the patient is me

i have a uncontrollable sex drive that may be dangerous for others if i cant get it under control
 irish fitz - Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Dr Kamath

I saw your post/reply. I want same as him - elective bilateral orchiectomy. This is for me - 42 years old non-transgendered male. I am sex addict. Hope to hear from you.
 j1usa - Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 pm

I am possibly seeking the same procedure and would need info about doctors who may perform this. I am NOT a sex addict as the other replies, and am happily married with 5 kids. I have had a vasectomy a year ago and am having pain in both and then sometimes in or the other side. I have been trying to pin down when or how it occurs such as strenuous activity, sexual activity or no activity. It basically occurs regardless of the activity. Sometimes while at work just sitting I have gotten extreme pain and had trouble focusing until a minute or two later it subsides.

I am going to meet with my local urologist first to see about other alternatives, but if necessary my wife and I have discussed it and I will certianly consider bilateral orchiectomy as compared to what this is doing to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.