Question: 18 Year old having Bedwetting problems.

NoHarm_18 - Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Ok, well like a few months ago I drank (water) as usual abit before bed and woke up wet... Was very wierd and scary, I always woke up when I had to and went to the bathroom, I thought maybe it just was something wrong that night, didnt happen again till I again drank abit (water) and went to bed, and it happend again. The problem is, is that I don't wake up any more when I gotta go, not once ? Can anyone tell me what to do or maybe whats wrong with me ? Im 18 and Im a male, Thanks. Its been like this for 6 months now, andI have never woken up when I gotta go I just go (not knowing of what I am doing) and wake up the next morning with my Diaper wet.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am

Your profile indicates that regarding your medical history you have entered "Got AdHd, thats it I think". So, you perhaps believe that you are basically suffering from ADHD(Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder)--characterized by the co-existence of hyperactivity & attentional problems.

This disorder (a controversial one at that!), has a constellation of symptoms.ADHD may also accompany disorders such as anxiety or depression.

Going by some of the symptoms,[For example,some symptoms of ADHD such as "being easily distracted, missing details, forgetting things" ], it is not surprising that you might have led yourself to believe that your problem fits into the picture.

But, here are some symptoms of ADHD which may not support that diagnosis:
- They have 'difficulty waiting for things they want' or waiting their turns in games (you would not wait to go to the toilet)
- Being 'constantly in motion' (again,may hurry you to the toilet).

ADHD is a very ambiguous & complex disorder which can't be perhaps made in a hurry.

Bed wetting of new onset in young adults and teenagers can be due to...
diabetes mellitus,stress and anxiety, excessive coffee intake,alcohol,diuretics,certain medications such as sleeping tablets,sleep apnea and UTI's(urinary tract infections).

To confirm a diagnosis of ADHD or otherwise, would certainly need the expertise of an experienced psychiatrist.
 NoHarm_18 - Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:27 pm

AdHd, I have and I take aderal? for that and thats been for the past 7 years and never had problems with it, Never had any problems going to the bathroom etc. So Ill go to the doctor when I get back to my home soon, Thanks