Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Bust Blood Vessel in Shaft of Penis

 Ninjaku - Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:50 pm

A couple months ago I was having intercourse, when I felt a pop in the shaft of my penis relatively high up, closer to the head. There seems to be a dent in the shaft now, and if I were to hold my penis by the base it always bends at the place where the dent is on the right side, but never on the left. Also from the dent upwards the girth of my penis seems to be a bit smaller, then from the dent to the base. I get a weird tingling sensation coming from this same dent, it cannot neccesarily be described as pain because it does not really hurt, just a tingling sensation. After that everything started to go down hil. My erections are never as hard as they used to be, and it takes a while for me to get an erection compared to how long it used to take. Even if I do get an erection it literally subsides within seconds, as it shrinks right before my eyes. Also the head of my penis usually feels cold now, with a darker color to a certain portion of it, and seems a lot smaller and flatter than it used to be.

I am still able to have intercourse to a certain extent, if I get aroused I am able to have intercourse for a while, but even then my erection might subside while I am having intercourse, which leads to frustration.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 am

User avatar Hello,Though penile fractures are known to occur and a medical emergency what you have is performance anxiety than anything else leading to some degree of erectile dysfunction.If you have nocturnal erections and able to perform you have no organic problem.Organic problems include vascular,neurologic,drug induced or endocrine problems.NPT test,ultrasound,color doppler, and RigiScan can help in coming to a firmer diagnosis.However my personal diagnosis is in favour of a psychological cause.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us