Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Is it OK to ejaculate with a swollen testicle?

tommyc7 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 am

I had laparoscopic surgery last week to repair an inguinal hernia. My testicle is still swollen and pain comes and goes. The pain has never been severe enough to use the percosets, but I have taken Tylenol for it. I have not ejaculated since the surgery. My surgeon has not mentioned when sexual activity may resume (and my follow-up is still a few days off).

My question is simply,is it "safe" for me for me to ejaculate with my testicle still swollen with occasional pain (or is it in my best interest to continue to wait)?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:20 am

Certain amount of swelling of the testicle is usual after a hernia repair especially if the hernia was large or in cases of recurrent hernias.

This is proportional to the extent of dissection involved(depends on the individual case).

This usually resolves over a few weeks following surgery.

About the resumption of sexual activity, views of individual surgeons may vary.

It may not be ethical for me to advise regarding that. Your surgeon is the best person to advise you because, he will be no doubt in a better situation to know the details of the surgical procedure performed on you. I hope you will understand. Best wishes!