Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Tender Dark Red Spot On Tip Of Penis

Jared16 - Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:47 pm

this is a bit embarrasing, but i woke up this morning and masterbated, put my boxers on and felt a great discomfort on the tip of my penis but thought nothing of it, i soon got in the shower and quickly jumped out due to the imense pain, i then realized there was a little bit of blood comming from my tip, although when i pee, clean urine comes out, the oppening and bottom left part of my "head" are red and extreamly tender and very painful when touched our brushed, it hurts a great deal to pee, i am a virgin, so no STDs, i don't know what i should do, any help would be apreciated
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:17 am

User avatar Hello,You have probably an irrtitant reaction and nothing else.You have no history of exposure to STDs and a minor trauma to the mucosa is enough to trigger an inflammatory response.Best not to irritate further and you can apply a little vaseline.It should settle with this but if presists do see a doctor.
 Jared16 - Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:31 pm

well, it wasnt like that before i masterbated, and it has scabbed over, although the skin was never broken, it simply turned red, then purple and scabbed, the only blood came from the hole, whatever its called.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us