Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Circumcision with Induced Erection

JamieSL - Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

I am 30 years old and having a circumcision in a few weeks. Before my initial visit with my urologist, I went online to do some research.

I read of one Doctor who apparently does adult circumcisions while the patient has an induced erection. Apparently the rationale behind this is to ensure the skin is perfectly tight while erect, and not overly tight, as is my concern.

I asked my urologist if he could perform my circumcision in this way. He paused for a few minutes, thought it over, and said, "Sure, I can do that." I then questioned his hesitation as to whether he would be comfortable with performing it this way, to which he replied, "it's, no problem."

Should I just take the risk and get it done normally? I just care about what my penis looks and feels like 'erect' more than 'flaccid.'

Thank you,

Jamie
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:06 am

User avatar Hi,

An experienced surgeon does not need a patient to have an induced erection for performing a circumcision.

Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us