Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: KIDNEY STONE IN SEMEN?

goatohio - Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Hello, I am 36 years old and had a question. Today after intercourse I went to the bath room and took some tolit paper and squeezed out semen before urinating. I noticed in the semen there was a very tiny, about the size of a pen point yellowish/brownish smooth clear thing, kinda hard as well. I figured it was a kidney stone or something. I have had no blood in my urine or semen. and I have not had any trouble with flow of urine or ejaculation. I also do not remember ever passing a kidney stone in the past. I don't have any pain either. I have urinated more then usual today but I have been on a low carb diet for a few months and have been drinking a little bit more water than usual this week. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 pm

User avatar Hi,
Findings of solid debris in semen is not unusual.Human semen 'gels' following ejaculation.It also may contain cell debris, gel-like 'particles' or 'mucus streaks'.

However, these are not generally hard, but jelly-like.It is possible that some 'liths' (stones) from the prostate might have somehow found their way into your semen during ejaculation.

It would be very unusual for a urinary stone to be found in semen.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us