Question: KIDNEY STONE IN SEMEN?

goatohio - Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Hello, I am 36 years old and had a question. Today after intercourse I went to the bath room and took some tolit paper and squeezed out semen before urinating. I noticed in the semen there was a very tiny, about the size of a pen point yellowish/brownish smooth clear thing, kinda hard as well. I figured it was a kidney stone or something. I have had no blood in my urine or semen. and I have not had any trouble with flow of urine or ejaculation. I also do not remember ever passing a kidney stone in the past. I don't have any pain either. I have urinated more then usual today but I have been on a low carb diet for a few months and have been drinking a little bit more water than usual this week. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Findings of solid debris in semen is not unusual.Human semen 'gels' following ejaculation.It also may contain cell debris, gel-like 'particles' or 'mucus streaks'.

However, these are not generally hard, but jelly-like.It is possible that some 'liths' (stones) from the prostate might have somehow found their way into your semen during ejaculation.

It would be very unusual for a urinary stone to be found in semen.