Question: circumcision scar problem

regg09 - Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:45 pm

I have always had a rough and uneven scar line on the underside of my penis. Over the past few months I notice a spot that looks like some lint has become lodged in the scar line. It looks like a dark spot and it feels swollen and sometimes a bit painfull in the area. I am wondering what I should do about this not only for esthetic reasons but for penis health as well. What type of doctor should I see? What can be done to remove it? Thanks..
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:34 am

You have not mentioned when the circumcision had been done.
If it looks like 'lint'. it could be a suture remnant.

Although absorbable sutures are commonly used, at times they do not get absorbed as they are supposed to and the body may atart to extrude it, just as it usually does to a foreign body.This may happen when the suture(or knot) may get walled off by fibrous tissue and thus escape from being digested by the body's fluids.

You need to consult a surgeon who after assessing you will be in a better position to advise you regarding this.
Good luck!