Question: sperm red in color

uma28 - Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:35 pm

dear doc,
about a month ago whenever i had a wet dream my sperm color is like in red color, no irritation in urinary tract and no signs of blood in urine and no pain as well. am 28 unmarried, I have had a sex in my life but was a safe sex.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:56 am

User avatar Hello,While hematospermia could be a scaring experience.In most cases it is not of any serious disease.The cause of bleed could be anywhere in the tract including prostate,testis,or epidydymis.While it is necessary to seek medical attention to rule out some pathologies it is likely that the whole thing would resolve.Less than 1% would have prostatic cancers.Best wishes.