Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Pain During Ejaculation

 perkapio - Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 am

I am a 30 year old, married (1 year) , circumcised and otherwise healthy male.

I feel a sharp pain (like pinprick) at the tip my of penis during ejaculation. This has been like this since I started masturbate when I was around 15. It was not a problem back than because I could avoid it with not touching the tip during ejaculation but now since I am married I can't avoid contact during intercourse (when ejaculating).

That sharp pain starts right when the semen leaves the penis. It is gone if I don't move or ejaculation ends. It feels normal and good until I feel that pain. But when it starts, it takes everything away.

No pain at other places or at other times and I am sure I don't have any STDs. Your help is greatly appreciated on diagnosis of my problem.

Thank you,
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:33 am

User avatar Hello,Your symptoms may be consistent with urologic chronic pelvic pain syndrome which includes post ejaculatory pain too which is condidered as a hallmark of this syndrome- which also can be a symptom of prostatitis,benign prostatic hyperplasia,or ejaculatory duct obstruction.These conditions do need to be ruled out before arriving at a diagnosis of CPPS.Best to consult a urologist.Anxiety control medications,yoga and biofeed back procedures may help in this condition.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us