Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: pan in sides and urinary incontinance

tcouchenour - Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:18 am

Hello I am 30 years old and a female. I have had a c section no vaginal births. I have had lots of side pain but its not extreme pain and its n both sides. I also urinate when I stand up or cough. Sometimes wen I am doing nothing at all. Its not alot each time but alot over the course of the day. I go alot during the night an I gofirst thing in the morning. Wihout haveing anything to drink in the morning I still urinate without warning. I have no urination pain and no pressur or feeling of hving to go all the time. sonogam of my ovaries was good. Whats wrong with me

TIna
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:34 am

User avatar Hi tcouchenour,
You seem to have many features of urge incontinence and some features of stress incontinence as well.

It is probable that you could be having a 'Mixed incontinence'.This is perhaps,the most common type of incontinence in women. The pathophysiology of mixed urinary incontinence is as yet unclear & still being investigated.

Mixed urinary incontinence is characterized by involuntary passage of urine associated with urgency as well as exertion, (sneeze,cough,or any other act that increases intra-abdominal pressure).

You need a urological consultation so that tests may be performed to categorize and then treatment may be formulated.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us