Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: pan in sides and urinary incontinance

tcouchenour - Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:18 am

Hello I am 30 years old and a female. I have had a c section no vaginal births. I have had lots of side pain but its not extreme pain and its n both sides. I also urinate when I stand up or cough. Sometimes wen I am doing nothing at all. Its not alot each time but alot over the course of the day. I go alot during the night an I gofirst thing in the morning. Wihout haveing anything to drink in the morning I still urinate without warning. I have no urination pain and no pressur or feeling of hving to go all the time. sonogam of my ovaries was good. Whats wrong with me

TIna
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:34 am

User avatar Hi tcouchenour,
You seem to have many features of urge incontinence and some features of stress incontinence as well.

It is probable that you could be having a 'Mixed incontinence'.This is perhaps,the most common type of incontinence in women. The pathophysiology of mixed urinary incontinence is as yet unclear & still being investigated.

Mixed urinary incontinence is characterized by involuntary passage of urine associated with urgency as well as exertion, (sneeze,cough,or any other act that increases intra-abdominal pressure).

You need a urological consultation so that tests may be performed to categorize and then treatment may be formulated.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us