Question: Testicular Skin disease

Rajiv Malhotra - Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:01 am

I get small blood clots undereath the testicle skin all over the organ for many years. They start with small clots which grow very slowly to big ones(2-3mm). There is very rare itching problem. Sometimes these clots burst by themself or by myself ( in case it itches or becomes swollen). There is some bleeding which stops after some time. It heals after the punchure at that place.
Since this is not creating much trouble, I have learned to live with it. Initially, I had some homapathic treatment. Itching reduced, but problem remained. The doctor said it is not very serious disease.
Please suggest, if it is something serious. What kind of infection is this, bacterial or viral. Is there any permanent treatment available.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:47 am

User avatar Hello,From your description given you have what is called as Angiokeratomas of scrotum.These are harmless vascular growths and is seen in middle aged men.These can be removed by lasers,cautery,cryotherapy or by surgery.Conditions like varicocele which increase local venous pressure could also cause angiokeratoma like problem.This is not a serious condition,but sometimes could bleed or get infected.Do consult your doctor.
 Rajiv Malhotra - Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 am

The problem is not increasing since many years. Bleeding & itching has also reduced considerably & the area is also not increasing. My age is 45 years. Is there any possibility that the problem spreads to other areas or becomes problemetic with age. In that case, should I prefer to go for laser treatment in near future. Or if the problem remains as such till old age, can I leave it as it is?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:10 am

User avatar Hello,Angiokeratomas can be left alone.But do get the diagnosis confirmed by a dermatologist.Ok?