Question: Sensitive Testicle

HeyJoe - Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 pm

I believe since puberty I have always had one overly sensitive testicle, the left one. It is slighly larger then the right and unfortunately the sensitivity causes me pain. It's a similar pain to when contact is made to the ball but without the abdominal pain that is associated with the latter case. This happens generally only when there is contact on the left testicle but it can be the slightest touch and the same does not happen with the right testicle. I think this pain has always caused me to have painful ejaculations and I normally have to disrupt or change an orgasm and in fact the pain that I know will happen has caused me to issues over the yrs.

I have read on this site and others about testicle pain that I assume is a constant pain, this is not what I have. Any information would be much appreciated.

Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

User avatar Hello,Orchitis is the commonest cause of testicular pain.The cause ranges from mumps,bacterial,chlamydial to tubercular infections.Pain could be on one side or both sides and could be precipitated by light pressure.You have to rule out a prostatitis also.A few investigations especially to rule out UTI and STDs and an ultrasound required to rule out any tumours.Also stones which can cause reffered pain have to be condidered.A testicular torsion is a medical emergency.This may not apply to you,but can cause severe testicular pain.A urological consulation would be required.Best wishes.
 HeyJoe - Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Thank you