Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: does having a uti affect your period?

meg7 - Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:05 pm

recently i started having the feeling to go to the bathroom often but not having very much urine come out.i get sudden urges that i need to go really badly sometimes, but then they go away. it hurts only a little bit and sometimes a bit of blood came out. so this leads me to believe i might have a bladder infection of some kind. i drank alot of water and cranberry juice and theres no more blood. but i still get the urges. my period is always on time and regular, but this time it was just a day or two late and its really watery and not very much is coming out at all. is that because of my infection?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 am

I would not expect a UTI to alter your period, but variety and fluctuation with your menses is very normal. I assume you are getting treatment for the infection.