Question: reverse vasectomy

toto - Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Yes, i had a reverse vasectomy done in November of this year, i had the vasectomy done in 2000. I was wondering if there is anything i can do or take to give a better chance of me and my wife to have a child.
Thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 pm

The mean time to pregnancy is about 12 months following a successful vasectomy reversal but some women will get pregnant sooner and others later then 12 months.

Critical factors generally are...
- technically 'successful' reversal (complete patency restored?),
- age of the female partner and
- fertility of the female partner.

Not much else may be done to help in increasing the chances of a pregnancy. As you underwent the reversal surgery fairly recently(in November, 2009), 'hopeful waiting' may be the best policy at the present time.Best wishes!