Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: White Puss/Cloudyness in Urine

Dollar1337 - Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 am

I have done my research but cannot find out what the exact cause of this is based on my symptoms.

The last year or so I have experienced this, but more so recently. It comes and goes.

When I urinate I notice A thick white cloudiness follow soon after. Its hard to explain. I'm not sure if its puss or what. You know when you drop ink in water, its like that but in my urine. I generally comes a few seconds after my stream is started.

I'm not sure if this is related but it may be. About once a month directly after pieing(Sometimes the white in the urine sometimes not) I get an intense burn in the tip of my penis. I feel like I have to pee more but when I do it hurts. If I leave it alone it lasts about an hour and goes away. Its EXTREMELY uncomfortable, like a 7/10 on a pain scale

Those may be linked, I'm just trying to give as much info.

Its not an std. I've been with on girl and she gets tested frequently during her visits to the gynecologist.

Other then that, that is the only symptoms I have. I'm not sure weather I should be worried or not. I'm not peing more frequently, I don't get the burn sensation any more often then once a month.

If you have any info or advise so I can figure this out it would be greatly appreciated
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:18 am

User avatar Hello,The common cause of cloudy urine is phosphates in urine after a heavy meal or taking lot of milk.Urinary infections do show pus cells and the white or cloudy urine.Excessive fat can get drained and is known as chyluria would cause milky white urine.Associated with pain may indicate stones,as well as prostatitis in the male.Blood or proteins in urine too needs to be ruled out.A simple urine test would tell you what to look for.Best wishes.