Question: Urethra Inflammation with out infection

Grey_Beard - Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi Doctor,

I am a 30 year old single male. For the past 2-3 weeks I am having inflammation inside my penis (feel it along the urethra). Last week, I visited a urologist and he ran a urine test and it turned out that I don't have any infection. He asked me to keep the area dry and that is it. No Medication! Initially it was while and few mins after urinating but now I am feeling it all the time. The inflammation increases when I urinate and subsides to some extent few mins after that. I feel the frequent urge to urinate. I don't have any other symptoms. Please help.

Nick
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:42 am

User avatar Hello,Your sexual history may give some clues.NGU ie non gonococcal urethritis can present like this with very few symptoms.Caused by other than gonococci it can present with just a mild inflammation.Chlamydia is the commonest and can infect with out much symptom from either partner.If you have been sexually active other than a monogamouus relationship best to run test for this.Treatment with single dose antibiotics are given.In syndromic management the dose is given to both partners with out tests.Best wishes.