Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: 3 year old daugher has traces of blood in urine

Mommyoftwo - Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:10 pm

My daughter is 3 years old and has been running a temperature for two days. I took her to the doctor and she told me that my daughter tested positive for having traces of blood in her urine. She said she could to blood tests and I told her yes but then she changed her mind and said no she wasn't going to do it. for what reason i don't know. Should I take her to the ER if she continues with fever? she has no other symptoms just a fever.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:45 pm

User avatar Hello,Your child should be ok since I guess there is no hypertension or peotenuria which signal renal disease.Presence of skin rashes would have made one think of anaphylctoid purpuras.Fever can cause non glomerular hematuria which would resolve when fever is controlled.I am sure your doctor decided to wait and see and it would be right.Best wishes.