Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Pain after ejaculation ever since a foley cath years ago

yttrium - Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 am

I'd like to know if there are any treatments available to reduce or remove the pain. The doctors at the VA do not consider it important enough to treat but if there is some treatment I will go to a private urologist. The pain is the entire length of the penis and back into my abdomen a bit. It occasionally happens after urination but always after ejaculation. Sharp pain will last several hours. Uristat helps but I don't know if it is safe to take long term.

I'd be happy to try a different urologist if there are any treatments we could discuss.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:27 pm

User avatar Hello,I Am sure the urologist has ruled out causes like urinary infection,NGUs,prostatitis and other blocks along the tract.The diagnosis that would emerge now may be pelvic floor muscle hypertonic reaction.Tension and anixiety states are said to be the causes.Alpha blockers,botulinum injections,pelvic floor stengthening exercise,acupuctue,yoga have all been tried singly or in combination with varying results.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us