Question: Scar tissue or "bubble" of skin near base of penis shaft...

southwest1980 - Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:20 am

I'm 29 years old. About 6 months ago, I had an erection and I almost felt as if I injured or even "tore" my penis. I lost my erection. I'm still not sure if this was in my head, which is what caused me to lose my erection, but to play it safe, I was cautious for the next few days. A few days later, things seemed to be fine. I had another erection, however, I noticed what looked like a small bit of scar tissue, or the skin near the base of the left side of my penis looked almost like it bubbled, like there was air there.

It now does this almost everyt ime I have an erection. I'm still able to get an erection, but I wonder if this could be an issue in the future, and what it is exactly. For the most part, there is no pain. I almost feel a faint pain sometime...but it's so minimal, I wonder if it's in my head.

A detail that may, or may not, help: I was working out and lifting weights a lot during this time. Not to be vulgar, but I wonder if I was "too strong for my own good" at the point during masturbation. Is it possible I ripped my penis? Or would that be followed by extreme pain?

Also, probably 6 months before this happened, I took some Enzyte. I no longer take it, and haven't taken it since, but I wonder if that could have contributed...

I hope this makes sense. I can provide additional details if there are any specific questions. I am able to function normally, but I want to make sure I haven't caused structural damage that will lead to future problems...

Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

User avatar The normal penis is suspended from the pubic bone(part of the pelvis) by two ligaments (suspensory ligament and fundiform ligament).They suspend the penis in such a way that the normal penis hangs from the pubic bone with an upward convexity in the relaxed state(this convexity disappears during an erection).These ligaments can become weak or can undergo tears (violent masturbation, other trauma - acute or chronic). This may result in the loss of normal curve of the penis and a palpable gap just above the root of the penis where it attaches to the pubic bone.You can refer Dr.M.Aroon kamath answer relating to a similar problem, but with sequlae due to severe trauma.
In your case it might have been a minor trauma and since you have recovered the chances of having residual problems are slim.Do consult a urologist and get this out of your mind and to make sure.Best wishes.