Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: When I ejaculate the sperm is very watery

newbie123 - Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:16 am

It has recently come to my attention that my sperm is very watery. It is a cloudy white but will run quite easily. This is worrying as I have heard this can have fertility ramifications. Furthermore my testicles sometimes ache and my urine can be cloudy. I was wondering whether this could be connected or aid any judgements which are hopefully made on the above information. The latter (achy testicles) first occurred when my testicles quite frankly over heated in summer. Since then I have had a dull achy which can creep up at any moment.

One final piece of information is that I also have frenulum breve. Thank you for your time.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:26 am

User avatar Hello,You must know that the ejaculate is not only sperms but mixture of different fluids.The testis would produce,the epidydymis store,and during ejaculation it would pick up fructose rich fluid from the tube vas deferens,and as it reaches up prostate would add prostatic fluid,the seminal vesicle and cowpers gland adding enzyme rich secretions.No wonder that the ejaculate would be watery.There would variations sometimes lumpy and sometimes watery depending on the secretions on the way.This has no bearing on fertility.You can try sitz baths ie sitting in a tub with private parts immersed for the aching pain,for a period of 10 minutes.With best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us