Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Had super pubic catheter inserted recently and worried...

comradeotto - Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:19 am

The area where the incision was cut is infected and Im on anti-biotics for this. However I just wanted someone to look at a photo I took of it whilst changing the dressing tonight. Theres like a white layer growing around it that I originally thought was pus. However on closer inspection it seems to be attached to my other skin which is rather inflammed. Just wanted an opinion before I went back to a doctor

Thanks
 Jesse n Dennison CNA - Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

YES THAT DOES LOOK LIKE A POCKET OF INFECTION YOU REALLY NEED TO GET IT LOOKED AT AGAIN OR FINISH TAKING THE ANTIBIOTICS. DOE SIT LOOK BETTER THAN WHAT IT DID I REALLY CAN GIVE U A DIAGNOSIS B/C I don't KNOW WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE BEFORE BUT FINISH THE MEDS AND THEN IF IT ISNT ANY BETTER GO BACK THE TO THE DR

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us