Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Had super pubic catheter inserted recently and worried...

comradeotto - Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:19 am

The area where the incision was cut is infected and Im on anti-biotics for this. However I just wanted someone to look at a photo I took of it whilst changing the dressing tonight. Theres like a white layer growing around it that I originally thought was pus. However on closer inspection it seems to be attached to my other skin which is rather inflammed. Just wanted an opinion before I went back to a doctor

Image

Jesse n Dennison CNA - Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

YES THAT DOES LOOK LIKE A POCKET OF INFECTION YOU REALLY NEED TO GET IT LOOKED AT AGAIN OR FINISH TAKING THE ANTIBIOTICS. DOE SIT LOOK BETTER THAN WHAT IT DID I REALLY CAN GIVE U A DIAGNOSIS B/C I don't KNOW WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE BEFORE BUT FINISH THE MEDS AND THEN IF IT ISNT ANY BETTER GO BACK THE TO THE DR