Question: ornage urine hep c genome 1b

scrilana - Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:03 pm

I have hep c genome 1b and mild cirossis of the liver. I also have diabetes 2 which is under control with medication. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and 6 weeks ago my urine started to change color. No medication change and still eating the normal things that I always eat. I drink at least 64 oz of liquid each day. I take elavil, lisinopril, prozac, gloucaphage. I do not know why my urine turned orange I would like to know. Just had a blood test and urine test. No results have come in yet and it is the weekend.
Thank you for your help
Scrilana
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:52 pm

If dietary or pharmacological factors are ruled out, then the most plausible cause of orange coloured urine is urinary tract infections(UTIs).

Most organisms that cause UTIs do not impart any specific or charecteristic colour to the urine by which they can be identified or suspected.

Citrobacter Sedlakii(Gram-negative), belongs to the Enterobacteriaceae family.It produces indole.These organisms are uncommon and at times difficult to identify by routine methods.Some of them are non-pathogenic as well.They have been reported mostly in the immunocompromised individuals.

Citrobacter Sedlakii infections have been reported to cause orange discolouration of the urine.