Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Post orchiopexy problem

roadtrip01 - Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi, about a month in a half ago i went to a urologist because i was having problems with my testies rotating while i was sleeping. The doctor examed me and said that it's not an emergency but when can schedule an a sugery to fix this. I also showed him some warts on my penis and he told me that he would remove them during the surgery. Before the surgery I told him i was having problems with my testie twisting and i didn't know if they where still twisted asumming he was going to take them out and untwist if necessary. After the surgery my scrotum had a half inch incsion with stiches and my warts were gone.
I went back to see him after 2 weeks because of swelling which he told me was fine and said i wouln't see the final results for in the comming weeks. It's now over five weeks since the surgery, i'm seeing the final results and I'm still having problems with my left testie. I have come to the conclusion that the doctor stiched my left testie in place while there was still a 360 degree torison along the spermatic cord. I think this for a number of reasons. When i stand for a long period of time my testie feels numb and goes purple and feels spungy to the touch. Also i have almost no cremasteric reflex on that side. And when you feel the spermatic cord it feels different then the right. Also given the fact that there is such a small incision suggests that he never took the testies out of the scrotum to check if they where rotated. And theres the fact that when i try to turn it the the left I start to feel releaf and the color starts to come back but i can't turn all the way because of the sutures. I actually had an ultrasound done and urine test done and everything came back clear. What confused me was the fact if there was still torion why didn't the ultrasound pick it up. I think because my testies where resting on my leg that there was not enough pressure on my spermatic cord to cut of the blood like when i stand. I wen't back to my urologist yesterday and told him my symptoms but i never sugessted that i thought my left one was still twisted. He noted the spongy texture and color and said not to worry it's probly just inflamation form it trying to heal from surgery. He left saying come back in 6 months to a year and we would go from there. I don't know what to do now because i feel like it's twisted and my doc doesn't seem to want to do anything.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 am

User avatar Hi,
It is highly unlikely that a surgeon would have fixed a testis in the twisted position.
- the incision over the scrotum usually appears small(scrotum is highly elastic and contractile). Even coconut-sized hydroceles are delivered through surprisingly 'small' incisions!.
-if the spermatic cord is still twisted, it would have been noted during the ultrasonography.
- it is true that an absent cremasteric reflex is often seen in cases of torsion, but it is also true that some normal testes do not show a brisk cremasteric reflex.Scrotal surgery may also interfere with cremasteric reflex temporarily.

Your symptoms are very likely to subside with time.

If you are still concerned,you may opt for a second opinion.
Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us