Question: PC muscle or pubococcygeus muscle

anon21 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:05 pm

I am 29 years old and when I flex the PC muscle or pubococcygeus muscle (muscle used to stop urination) during an erection, pain is sensed in the tip of my penis only. Almost feels like pain due to increased pressure while flexing. This is the only time any pain is felt and has been ongoing for the last 4 weeks. No other abnormalities have been observed. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:38 pm

I don't clearly understand what you mean by 'flexing' the 'pubococcygeus' muscle.Is it that you try to voluntarily contract the pelvic floor(levator ani) muscles?

The muscle which primarily comes into play while stopping urination is really the 'Constrictor urethrae' muscle (a sphincter made of skeletal muscle) which is situated between the two layers of the 'urogenital diaphragm'. Ofcourse, the pubococcygeus muscle also may contract and partly contribute towards this.
Pain felt at the tip of the penis is frequently due to inflammation of the seminal vesicles.This needs to be excluded in your case.If your problem persists, you should consult a urologist who would be able to assess you fully and arrive at a proper diagnosis.
Good luck!