Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Burn Like blister on foreskin of penis

 slipmush - Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 pm


I was worried about little white bumps on the very upper part of my foreskin (not on the head at all) which were like little white clusters. I looked up the issue and most sites said that it was normal so not to worry about it. I, on the other hand didn't like them because unlike the hair follicle bumps on the lower region of my foreskin, these ones were actually white colored and kinda gross looking and easier to spot. So I looked up a way to get rid of them. I came across a few people that mentioned putting toothpaste on them overnight and by the morning they should go away. Not just any toothpaste but, Sensodyne. So, in my stupidity I decided to try it out. Well boy did it ever burn like hell but I decided to man up and go through with it cause I assumed it was working. So as the night went by the burning subsided and when I woke up I rushed to check if all was well. For the most part the bumps were more faint and looked much better, the issue was on the right hand side of the upper foreskin where now a white painful patch (small) had appeared. I tried examining it and it looks like one of two things. It looks kind of like a white blister (but not a bulge it is more flat) but it also looks as if I had burned right through the first layer of skin because it looks as if the white skin is underneath the surrounding regular pink skin.

I'm quite worried as to what may have happened. I know for a fact it isnt an STD, cause I didnt nor have I ever had sex of any kind. I have tried using Aloe Vera but no effect..I am currently trying to use Polysporin to get rid of it..only been using it for a day or two..but it doesnt seem to do much..I would really rather not go to the clinic, but if i must, i must..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..if any pictures are required please just let me know and I will gladly provide them in order for you to get a better understanding of what im talking about.

Thank you very much and hope to hear back from you soon
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 am

User avatar Hello,Fordycee spots are common and represent aberrant sebaceous glands.No treatment is necessary.Some people find it cosmetically unacceptable.
In your case it is obvious that you have had an irritant or a burn response to sensodyne.
The outer skin has acted as a occlusion and so the delicate mucus membrane has got subjected to the chemicals.
Since the treatment at home is not effective you may need a course of antibiotics to prevent secondary infection.
It would be best to show your doctor and get treated.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us