Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Dark Purple Spot on Penis

hockeyguy30 - Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm a little worried...two nights ago I was aroused masturbating and except of usually allowing for ejaculation, I held it tight to try and see if I could hold it back. I was successfully able to do it other then a little bit of semen dripping out. However, I noticed a dark purple spot (shown in pic) on the head of the penis with a two other smaller spots (not shown) and now I'm scared and I would like to know what it is and how they go away..Theres no pain, no itching or anything like that.

Any help is definitely appreciated.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

User avatar Hello,What you have developed is a small superficial hematoma ie a small leakage of blood in to the skin due to presssure applied during masturbation.
This should settle in a couple of days.
If it persists you can show your doctor.As of now no medications may be necessary.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us