Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Clear/Yellow Jelly substance in urine

gonefishing1 - Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm a 27 yr old with Hep B. I get regular checkups and bloodwork and everything is fine. I recently lost my viginity with a girl who was also a virgin and vacinated for Hep B. We both have never had any other sexual encounters. Prior to having sex with her, through sensual thought and touch, I would notice some clear liquids come out of my penis and sometimes along with that a jelly substance during the day and when I pee. During sex, I wore a condom and didn't ejaculate. After sex, on random occasions I would still notice the jelly substance come out...

What could this be? Maybe me just thinking about ejaculation too much that could cause it? Should I need to be concerned?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:59 pm

User avatar Hello,What you mention as yellow discharge is coloured precum or pre ejaculate.This is normal and could be a clear fluid or yellow.At the top of urethra there are small glands called cowpers glands which discharge a small amount of fluid during excitation to lubricate the urethra.
If there has been a recent change in color or smells bad you could have an infection.But with your sexual history unlikely.Foods that you take also can be resonsible for the color.Do get examined just to be sure.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us