Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: An odd sized round thing in testical after surgery

Wolve - Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 am

Im new here so im sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

ive had a herina/hydracycle for many many many years, theres a long story as to why but thats not apart of my question haha.. anywho..

Before surgery i did go get an ultra sound and they sead there were No tumers,

about 4 months ago i went in for herina/hydracycle repair, they made an inceason along my Lower adomanal area, from what the doc told me after i woke up, My herina was the size of what a 60 year old man would have had, Im only 22....

i also had a hydracycle due to the size of the herina. so when i went home, Out of crazyness i felt around down there gently and felt a wierd large lump on the tube thing thats on the testical that connects to the other tube that leads up into the body.. i was abit worryed But being i was just out of surgery did not think much of it so when the time came for my check up the doc felt around, and sead everything was lookin great just the inside had to heal more and that it could take up to 4 months for it to fully heal and swelling would go down..

well Now its been 4 or so months and that large ball has gotten smaller, Now its a smaller ball b ut its hard.. there is feeling to it if you give it a sl ight squeez..

I get no real pain from it, it does not really bug me.. most of the time i don't notice it unless im feeling down there..

i don't think its a tumer or anything i mean i underwent ultra sound a few days before my surgery and i was okay.. and it only appered after my surgery.. wassent there before.

there is no blood in the semon.. however i must conves a week and a half later of the surgery i kinda masterbated.. it hurt but i stopped after that, guess its a bad idea to have your girl friend do a tease to -help- you feel better >.> bad joke.. anyways that ball thing could not be from that could it?

i mean i feel alright and Once in a great while there is a dull pain when i masterbate B ut its not offen.. i always assumed its couse of the mesh inside couse of the herina repair..

ive been debating if i should see the doc at the end of the month..
I tend to over worry so i figured id post on this..

sorry for spelling errors by the way.
anyways am i over worrying? is this nothing major?
thank you for reading!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:16 am

From your description, one would tend to infer that you perhaps had a fairly large indirect inguinal hernia which was repaired by an 'open' technique.

In the case of large sacs, they invariably extend into the scrotum(even upto the bottom of the scrotum).During repair, most surgeons would dissect the sac from the rest of the cord structures, devide the sac in the inguinal canal, and leave behind the distal part of the sac that goes into the scrotum. This is done to prevent excessive dissection and post- operative scrotal hematoma formation.

At times, fluid collects in the distal sac(which was left behind).This might have happened in your case, which you felt as a 'ball'.These usually regress with time. Sometimes they may persist as an hydrocele & may be dealt with at a later date.
 Wolve - Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Really?

Its the size of a marble, on my right testical, On the tube thing that connects from the top and bottem of the testie..

its sometimes squishy but Most of the time pretty hard...

I was worryed that it was something life threating or that i might need surgery again and being the bills for my Herina/hydracycle repair are pretty high, was kinda afraid there..