Question: Lump/Cyst inside scrotum with uknown origin?

Kaiser - Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:34 pm

First of all thanks for providing this space to ask questions that trouble us.

In 2002 I went to the doctor because of discomfort on my testicles I had veins all over my left testicle and a small half grain of rice sized cyst-like structure inside my scrotum on the right. The doctor said I had a varicocele and the cyst like thing was nothing to worry about.

Now I got another of those cysts. Ever since this started the old cyst has been painfull sometimes and it's always tender to the touch so im aware of it...this is how I found the other new cyst.

The new one is similar to the old one a little bit bigger maybe but very little, and it is also very hard like a rock under the scrotum skin. Now I've tried to find something the fits the description of this but couldn't.

It's not in the testicle itself, it's not on the cords that go to the testicles, its not on the back or on top it's more like where the scrotum begins and the leg ends but inside the scrotum...you have to press your finger into the scrotum to feel it with a circular motion. It feels kind of pointy.

Now I'm very short on cash now and have no insurance so im very worried, could this be a serious thing now that there is another cyst apprearing? What should I do?

Thanks.
 Kaiser - Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:43 pm

This is the approximate location of the two masses.

Image
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:05 am

From your rather detailed description, one would tend to assume that the 'cysts'
- are not in the scrotal skin (calcified sebaceous cysts,idiopathic calcinosis cutis of the scortum (ICCS) etc),
- are unlikely to be either in the testis or the epididymis &
- are most likely to be related to the spermatic cord.

As you have a varicocele,one needs to explore the possibility of these being somehow related to the pampiniform plexus of veins.Thrombosis with or without calcification in varicoceles is frequently mentioned in veterinary medical literature but not so in humans.However, it may be worth investigating along these lines.

If the swellings keep appearing or increase in size or become symptomatic, an excision biopsy may be indicated.This could be done at the time of varicocelectomy (if it is being contemplated) or as a separate procedure.
 Kaiser - Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:54 am

Thanks a lot for the reply! The varicocele is not bothering me atm and its on the other testicle if I have any fertility problems because of it then I will get the surgery.

The "cysts" are on the other testicle the one without the varicoceles and the "calcification" description pretty much describes how it feels to the touch, im not sure it's on the spermatic cord though feels like to one side of it. Should I be really concerned?

Thanks for the reply doctor! Very very grateful.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 pm

User avatar Hi Kaiser,
Thank you for updating us.If your doctor feels that these lumps can be left alone for the time being, then it is fine.In case a varicocelectomy became necessary in the future, this could well be dealt with at that time. Good luck!
 Kaiser - Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for posting Doctor! I went to see the urologist last week and he said they were probably fat deposits and found nothing of concern. He told me I can get an ultrasound just to be completely sure so I'm gonna get that done once I have some more money. Thanks for writing!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:13 am

As you have seen the urologist and nothing serious has been found,you should put your mind at rest and only continue to monitor those lesions periodically. Good luck!