Question: Small bb sized lump on testicle after testicular trauma

johndoe325 - Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:55 pm

This is a somewhat funny yet sad story. I am 23 years old, my mother had had colon cancer 3 times. I am a bit paranoid about it so I do often check my self for masses. I checked last about one or two weeks ago on my testicles and found nothing. This morning my 80 lbs dog decided to wake me up by walking on me and he managed to step on my right testicle which was not very pleasant as you might know. It hurt for a little bit but I eventually forgot about the pain, the day went on and about 2 or three hours i noticed that it still hurt to the touch. than about 4-5 hours after the incident i felt around and came to find a very small bump on my right testicle, its about 75% the size of a bb and its located right near the head of epididymis, or near the top of the chords that go into my testicle maybe a half to one centimeter away.
Im not sure exactly what it was but it was not there a week or two ago. Any help would be great.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:57 am

User avatar HI,
There are two likely scenarios.
- a new swelling has developed following the trauma or
- a pre-existing swelling (which was not palpable) that had got aggravated by the trauma.

Possibilities for a such a swelling in that vicinity are
- an hydrocele of the spermatic cord,
- a lipoma of the spermatic cord,
- a cyst of the epididymis,
- a spermatocele,
- cysts of Morgagni,
- an enlarged head of the epididymis, or
- a localized hematoma confined to the spermatic cord.

Hydrocele of the spermatic cord: fluid collection occuring in a small remnant of processus vaginalis within the spermatic cord

Lipomas of the spermatic cord: very common. Features are similar to lipomas elsewhere.

Cysts of the epididymis: are located within the capsule of the epididymis.Usually develop in adults around the age of 40. Contain clear fluid.

Spermatoceles:are retention cysts.Usually connected to the testis, and filled with fluid containing spermatozoa.

Hydatid of Morgagni: is a small cyst that is separate from the epididymis. Relatively more common in children and adolescents. Often has a pedicle (Risk of torsion). This arises from a small developmental remnant, which sits just anterior to the head of the epididymis, on top of the testis.

Only a physical examination followed by scrotal ultrasound will enable one to come to a definitive diagnosis.
 jack00 - Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 am

Hello
ive had a tough few days and im really worried..last week i found a little soft lump on my left testicle..i went to the doctor he checked it and said it should be ok but he would make an appointment for an ultra sound..i went up today and they checked it but they said they were worried that my left testicle was much bigger and maybe a little harder than the right but i think its been ike hat a long time probably as long as i can remember..and they couldnt do an ultra sound till next week..im really worried now i don't know how to cope with the next few days i cant tell my family because there is problems there aswell and they don't need to be worried about this...please tell me is this normal in any way or should i be so worried...
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 pm

User avatar Hi jack00,
kindly refer to the following link for the answer to your query.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=48499