Question: Tiny Bump on Urethra at Opening to Penis

brdwyboy21 - Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:13 am

About a month ago I had started getting discharge. I went to an STD Clinic and I was treated for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. Everything has since gone away and I haven't had any sexual contact with anyone. Today when I woke up I looked at my Penis and noticed something different. If I spread the head of my penis and look at my urethra there is a small clear/light red bump that is on the right side of my urethra right at the opening of my penis. I'm highly concerned and want to know if this could be a result of the STD's I was just treated for or if it could be HPV?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:47 am

User avatar Hello,While it is very difficult to give a certain diagnosis one has to think of certain conditions which can have a longer incubation than gonococcal infection or NGU.The drugs given for urethritis may not be able to prevent these.
Examples of such conditions would include intraurethral primary chancre,intraurethral warts,inflammation of paraurethral glands due to infections with a mixed aetiology,herpes,endourethral granuloma inguinale,and sequalae of inadequate medication.
Thus it is necessary to get re examined to make sure.