Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Raised area around pimple on penis

Barado - Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 am

Hi, I had what looked like a pimple on my penis (Don't know what else it could be.) and made the bad choice of trying to pop it and now the skin around it has raised/swollen but its not discolored so I am not sure if it is bruised or what, any help would be appreciated.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:17 pm

User avatar Hello,Your descriptions fit in with a furuncle.This is generally caused by a staph organism and responds to external antibiotic.You have not mentioned you sexual history.Sometimes a sexually transmitted disease like primary chancre can look similar.Here the important thing is to get tested despite the wound disappearing if you have a history to STD.This is because the ulcer in chancre heals, but goes to secondary stage.So if you have any doubt do get tested.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us