Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Raised area around pimple on penis

Barado - Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 am

Hi, I had what looked like a pimple on my penis (Don't know what else it could be.) and made the bad choice of trying to pop it and now the skin around it has raised/swollen but its not discolored so I am not sure if it is bruised or what, any help would be appreciated.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:17 pm

User avatar Hello,Your descriptions fit in with a furuncle.This is generally caused by a staph organism and responds to external antibiotic.You have not mentioned you sexual history.Sometimes a sexually transmitted disease like primary chancre can look similar.Here the important thing is to get tested despite the wound disappearing if you have a history to STD.This is because the ulcer in chancre heals, but goes to secondary stage.So if you have any doubt do get tested.