Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Kidney's

pudgey - Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:41 pm

My husband keeps feeling like he has to urinate, but he can only get out a few drops. His urge to urinate is very strong but nothing comes out. He says he has no pain anywhere and nothing hurts or burns when he does urinate. He just can't seem to be able to get it to come out. Do you have a clue as to what might be happening with him?

Thanks
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:24 am

User avatar Hello Pudgey,

It sounds like he should get his prostate checked out.

The prostate gland is located just below the bottom of the bladder and above the rectum. It encircles the urethra (urine tube) at the point where the urethra connects to the bladder and would be the most common cause of difficulty in urination. The prostate gland secretes 30-40 % of the fluid volume in semen, it contains nutrients in it that help keep the sperm healthy, gives the sperm something to be ejaculated out with and it helps them swim away.

Benign Prostate Hyperplasia causes difficulty starting urination, uncontrolled urinary dribbling, urinary hesitation, urinary blockage, urinary frequency but in small amounts, urinary urgency, etc.
 pudgey - Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:06 am

Thanks AZ-Paramedic. You have been very helpful and I will see to it that he goes to the doctor.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:40 am

User avatar Thank you, I'm happy I could help and Thank you for contacting the Doctors Lounge.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us