Question: Unfinished urine

Ruth2sexy - Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi, I'm 21 and I was diagnosed with candidates. I was treated for it but now its back and when I urinates it doesn't come out fully. I try to push hard but it doesn't comes out. It makes me urinates often. I don't feel pain just discomfort and urge to pee all the time. What could be the problem?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 am

The most important thing to be excluded in your case is a urinary tract infection (UTI).
I am not certain whether the candida that had shown up in your urine is a true candidial infection or just a contamination or colonization.

Candidial UTIs occur generally in the presence of certain risk factors such as,
- indwelling urinary catheters,nephrostomy tubes, other permanent indwelling devices, and stents.
- immunocompromised individuals (diabetes mellitus, malignancies, AIDS, chemotherapy, immunosuppressants, or organ transplants),
- antibiotic therapy,
- patients on parenteral nutrition,
- urinary tract obstructions,
- etc.

Candidial urethritis also may cause similar complaints. This is secondary to candidial vulvovaginitis.

Therefore, what you first need is perhaps a repeat culture of a clean catch mid-stream sample of your urine. Discuss with your family doctor who will be better placed to examine you, to look for the risk factors and then decide appropriately.