Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: What can I do about UTI's?

neomaster201 - Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:58 pm

Hello, my name is ryan and im 14. I have had very bad pain after urinating two times within several weeks. This second time its been hurting for almost 30 minutes. Is there any (Non-Medication) thing i can do on my own withought going to a doctor? Its only hurt for a maximum of 30 minutes before and then it goes away. Its only come back once since about 3 weeks ago(not sure exactly). It starts to hurt right after I urinate. Please help thanks in advanced
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:23 am

Hello Ryan,

It is important to establish what is causing your pain for 2 reasons:
(a) early treatment relieves your pain and prevents complications
(b) you have peace of mind that treatment, if any, has taken care of the cause.

Is there any reason why you do not want to go the doctors?
Please ask your parents to take you to your doctor as soon as possible. Meanwhile, drink fluids liberally all day and empty your bladder regularly, but see your doctor at once. Urinary tract pain lasting 30 minutes after micturition is very unusual and should be investigated.

Dr Anthony Solomon
MB BS DTM&H DIP.VEN FRSM
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine