Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Twins, Notched Penises, and Peyronie's Disease

SirBraxton - Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:30 pm

I would like to do a little sleuthing on my brothers' behalf.
My brothers are fraternal twins in their 50's. They each have Peyronie's Disease. One twin's penis bends nearly 90 degrees to the left, one nearly 90 degrees to the right.
Decades before they developed Peyronie's Disease, our mother (long diseased) told each of the twins that immediately upon delivery the General Physician (also long-diseased) notched each penis, one on the left side, one on the right. Ostensively, this was done to identify the first twin from the second twin.
Is it possible that our mother was correct and that "penis notching" of twins was practiced in at least some hospitals in the United States 55 years ago?
Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 pm

User avatar Hello,It is quite possible the twins have congenital penile curvature.From what I know one can not break the tunica albugenia,the white covering membrane surrounding the penis when not erect.I have not come across references for penile fractures in this age group.Thus it is most unliklely that the penis was notched in this case.