Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Badly Swollen Foreskin

utahjohnnymontana - Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Previously I have went about 6 months without masturbating. But over the last 48hrs. I have masturbated 3-6 times. I have had mild swelling before but nothing like this! I don't have any pain but the head of my penis is slightly tender. But my foreskin is very badly swollen around the top and the middle of the shaft of my penis. It looks like an innertube in the middle area. LIke I said the foreskin doesnt hurt at all but I am concerned. Is there any over the counter or home remedy I can use to get rid of this, because I would prefer not to have to go to a doctor if at all possible because I find this situation VERY EMBARASSING! Please help!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 pm

It seems most likely that local trauma had caused your problem.The nature of the trauma is difficult to predict in the absence of knowledge of the kind of masturbation technique used. Circumferential pressure, causing a prolonged tourniquet effect, leading to edema is one such possibility.

You must consult your doctor without delay. In the interim, you can help yourself immensely by total abstinence from masturbation till you are seen and evaluated by your doctor.