Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: curved/bent penis (not Peyronie's disease)

alias89 - Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:45 am

I have a quite smoothly but severely curved penis (almost points directly upwards from the base). I don't believe it is peyronie's disease. I believe it is caused by the fact that as a kid I wore underwear to bed, thus restraining my penis and making it point more upwards at the base... (I understand, I should probably confirm this with a doctor, but for now can we assume this is the cause)

I do not really wish to have surgery (unless as a very last resort), but I do wish to corret my curve so that it is at least a little bit straighter and more comfortable to have intercourse. Also the right side of my penis feels slightly harder than my left when erect (basically feels like there is more tension in the right side of my penis). Is there any course of action/exercises/stretching, or otherwise non-surgery related ways for me to straighten my penis. (could ultrasound stimulate tissue healing/regrowth?)
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:44 am

User avatar Hello,Congenital curvature of penis occur by birth and if it occurs in later life one has to think of peyronie's especially if the deviation is associated with pain.Also a thickend scar like area while palpating wouldmake it more likely.In milder forms the condition may resolve without much permanent bending.A clinical examination,testing the erect penis for plaques,ultrasound are the modalities in diagnosis.