Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Urge to urinate/weak stream. What to do?

Holla204 - Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Over the past couple of weeks I have gained a more frequent urge to urinate and have been for the most part experiencing a weak urinary flow. When it first started, roughly a month ago, it would only present itself once and then go away for days. The past few days, however, I've noticed the urge and inability to drain the bladder fully as a regularity.

I've attempted changing my diet, eliminating alcohol, and have been drinking a lot of water. I had heard that cranberry juice can be effective, so I have started drinking that more.

I'm wondering what, if anything, I can do to help this nuisance without antibiotics or a doctors visit, if possible.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 am

Your symptoms need a thorough urological workup.Your main symptoms in medical terms are increased urinary frequency, and urgency. You are also experiencing a feeling of incomplete evacuation of the urinary bladder.

There are two possibilities(among several others) that need to excluded first.
- a urinary tract infection(UTI) and
- a urinary bladder outlet obstruction.

In this situation, a visit to a doctor becomes very essential because untreated urinary tract infections(especially those combined with urinary tract obstruction) have a potential for causing damage to the kidneys.

Rather than consuming cranberry juice (please visit page-2 of the following link for more on cranberry juice),you should make arrangements to consult at the least your regular doctor , sooner rather than later.
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4440&hilit=cranberry+juice\&start=15