Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Loss of spontaneous erection through damaged penis

synthesize - Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 am

My penis which was erected was punched about a week ago and ever since then i have not had natural erections in the morning or any other time. I used to have spontaneous erections every hour. When i masturbate, my penis is semi-erect and i am unable to achieve full erection. I went to see a doctor and his examination was that it looked "grossly normal". He has now referred me to a urologist. What could the problem be and how can it be fixed? Is it too late?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:44 am

User avatar Hello,Since the examination of penis was interpreted as normal there is nothing to worry and surely should be back to normal after the minor trauma.
The penis could get fractured during erection(Luckily not in your case) and masturbation causing severe trauma,or erect penis hitting against parner's pubic bones,rolling on bed with erect penis, vigorous sexual intercourse all can cause a break of the covering of the penis leading to immediate loss of erections and severe pain.This is uncommon but can happen.
Rare reports include banging of erect penis aganist toilet,masturbating in a cocktail shaker!,and falling from a hill with an erect penis.Rev Urol. 2004 Summer; 6(3): 114–120.
Moral of the story,Breakable and handle with care.
Cheers!