Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: red/pink sores after masturbating on undershaft of penis

rutherford - Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm

I masturbate once a day with hand lotion. Usualy I don't wash myself after. Today after masturbating 4 red/pink sores came out. Mild itching involved, no pain. Sores formed on the under part of my shaft where most friction occours. What do you think?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:09 am

User avatar Hello,Masturbation perse is a safe procedure,provided you do not overdo it.The problem of friction and irritation lead to these problems.I assume that you do not have a history of exposure to STDs, since sometimes conditions develop after a period of incubation period.
Cleansing with mild soap and waterand application of vaseline should suffice.If it persists do consult your doctor.
Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us