Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Urinary pain after sex but tests are negative for UTI

GCK - Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Pretty much everytime I have sex I have urinary pain - burning, urgency, frequency within a day or two. I have been to the doctor numerous times to get tested for a UTI but the tests almost always come back negative. The symptoms I have are the exact same symptoms I have when I do have a UTI, but the tests are negative. I have been taking over-the-counter medicine for the pain and it helps after a day or so, but I worry that it could be masking a bigger problem. What could cause UTI symptoms but no UTI?
 ausgirl - Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 am

i have the same problem. though happens to me also after i 'hold on' for a few mins longer than when i realise i need to pee. i get the urine infection a day or so after, i even get the really red bleeding for part of the day, then after another 24 hours or so its gone. but it happens every time. im stuck on this too.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us