Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Urinary pain after sex but tests are negative for UTI

GCK - Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Pretty much everytime I have sex I have urinary pain - burning, urgency, frequency within a day or two. I have been to the doctor numerous times to get tested for a UTI but the tests almost always come back negative. The symptoms I have are the exact same symptoms I have when I do have a UTI, but the tests are negative. I have been taking over-the-counter medicine for the pain and it helps after a day or so, but I worry that it could be masking a bigger problem. What could cause UTI symptoms but no UTI?
 ausgirl - Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 am

i have the same problem. though happens to me also after i 'hold on' for a few mins longer than when i realise i need to pee. i get the urine infection a day or so after, i even get the really red bleeding for part of the day, then after another 24 hours or so its gone. but it happens every time. im stuck on this too.